Welcome to our dedicated page for COVID -19 in the Gunnison Valley.
Here you’ll find resources to learn more, the latest news stories from KBUT and our partners, and information on our ongoing Q&A series with local officials.
News and Special Programming
This program was originally broadcast on Monday, May 11 on KBUT. It was hosted by KBUT’s Christopher Biddle. He was joined by Gunnison Country Times Editor Chris Rourke.
This program was pre-recorded on Monday, May 4th and broadcast that evening on KBUT. It features an interview with Gunnison County Public Information Officer Andrew Sandstrom
This panel discussion, which included listener submitted questions, was recorded live on KBUT on Monday, April 28 at 6pm.
Help stop the spread of COVID-19 in the Gunnison Valley
- Gunnison County Health and Human Services has a number of resources available on their web page.
- Gunnson County has also created this data studio for local information updated daily.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) updates this page regularly.
- CDPHE has assembled this Case Data for the State of Colorado
- CDPHE has also created this symptom tracker tool.
- Here are some general Public Health Recommendations from CDPHE that include guidance for businesses, institutions, and social gatherings.
- NPR has created this Live Coronavirus Update page.
- Colorado Public Radio has this live update page.
- The Centers for Disease Control
The following patients with COVID-19 symptoms are asked to please call the call center at 970-641-7660.
- Healthcare workers
- Employed in public safety occupation (e.g., law enforcement, fire fighter, EMS)
- Part of an illness cluster in a facility or institution (e.g., healthcare, school, corrections, shelters)
- With severe lower respiratory illness (hospitalized or fatal)
- With worsening symptoms
- Older than 60 years
- With underlying medical conditions
- Pregnant women
- Had contact with a lab-confirmed COVID-19 patient
If you are having symptoms of COVID-19, The County Health Department has asked that you fill out this form.
When you’re feeling better, don’t forget to report back to public health!
You can email general questions about COVID-19 in the Gunnison Valley to email@example.com.
Reccomendations for limiting the spread of the Disease
- Stay home and self isolate
- Wear cloth face-masks in public in case you are an un-symptomatic carrier
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve, or tissue
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if you are sick
- Try alternatives to shaking hands, like an elbow bump
- If possible, work from home